The Development Funding Program, “C.O.F.A (COpion Financial Aid)”, is created to provide financial aid to overseas NGOs and NPOs. In order to participate in this program, pre-qualified partner NGOs are requested to submit proposals which should suggest their prospect projects. After a thorough screening and evaluation process, COPION selects projects that could provide up to USD 10,000 per year. This program is sponsored by Samsung.
Since started in 2006, more than 70 projects from 12 developing countries of Africa, Asia, and South America have been supported through the program. To be qualified as a recipient organization of the financial aid, the NGO/NPO should be able to carry on the proposed projects with transparency, to get supports by its community and local government, and be able to host COPION volunteers.
Examples of projects supported by this program are;
- Construction of Educational Facilities (classrooms, computer rooms, laboratory, dormitories, toilets, playgrounds, animal farms, water tanks, etc.)
- Supporting Medical Facilities(purchase of ambulances, medical equipments, building therapy centers)
- Vocational Training for Teenagers
- Micro-credit Project for Urban Working Class
- Community Development Project (community centers, shelters for street children, etc.)